As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Removing tiles can be a difficult and time-consuming task. If you’re doing it yourself, it’s important to use the right tools for the job. This blog post will discuss the best home depot tile removal tools available today.
We’ll talk about what makes each tool unique and how they can help make your tile removal process easier. So, if you’re ready to remove those tiles, read on!
Best Home Depot Tile Removal Tools
1. Air Hammer
An air hammer is a pneumatic hand tool that allows you to remove tile fast and painlessly. The hammer’s head is swung back and forth rapidly using pressurized air. You get a strong hammer with no effort on your part. A typical air hammer can swing up to 5,000 times per second. It’s also possible to buy chisel heads that attach to your air hammer and chip away at the grout of tiles easily and quickly.
They’re not as accurate as traditional tools, but they do the job without much work. The speed and simplicity of use are two of the advantages of this tile removal tool. Using one of these tools instead of a manual chisel or hammer will make removing your tiles considerably simpler, and you won’t be quite as exhausted after you’re done since all you have to do is hold the tool in position.
- 3 Piece Chisel Kit: The Ingersoll Rand 114Gqc Air Hammer Comes With 3 Chisel Attachments – Tapered Punch, Panel Cutter, Flat Chisel – Making It A Handy Power Tool For Cutting Metal Panels, Fixing Exhaust Systems, Scraping Surfaces, Chipping, And Making Auto Body Repairs
- Quick Change: This Standard Duty Air Hammer Is Equipped With A Quick Change Retainer That Makes It Easy To Swap Attachment Chisel Bits, So You Can Work Seamlessly And Finish Jobs Faster.
2. Demolition Fork
In place of a pry bar, demolition forks are powerful and resilient tools for removing tiles. It resembles a conventional pry bar but has a robust fork on one end. They’re constructed entirely of steel, making them perfect for remodeling tasks or removing tiles.
To remove your tiles with maximum efficiency, insert the fork beneath the raw edge of the tile, apply pressure to the handle, and the fork section will point up and lift the tile as it moves. It’s a handy tool for removing tiles; you could very easily finish a whole room by lifting one. You do need to apply significant manual force.
You’ll want to choose a demolition fork that’s the right size for your project since you won’t want to strain your shoulders or back. This is an excellent investment if you intend to undertake additional demolition tasks in the future. They may also assist you in pulling down drywall or demolishing walls.
- Slightly lighter head than the 48” round
- Oval tube instead of round handle
- Angle of head is slightly increased for overhead work
- Lighter overall bar weight for long duration jobs
3. Drill with Tile Drill Bit
A drill with tile drill bit can enable you to make holes in tiles that are difficult to drill through. When you create these holes, the tile’s strength and structure are weakened, making them simpler to remove with another tool designed for tile removal. You can also go around the tile’s grout and make a hole, so there’s already a starting point when you insert your chisel.
Depending on your tile type, you will need a different drill bit. Diamond drill bits are necessary for most ceramic tiles because they’re very difficult to drill through. This tile removal tool is usually only used as a last resort when other tools can’t remove the tiles.
- ☪Upgraded Dry Drilling Design : Mgtgbao Diamond Drill Bit integrated with wax lubricant inside which melts while dry drilling and cools the cutting surface; Water can be used as additional cooling to prolong the life of the bit. Surface plating can prevent the drill bit from rusting.
- ☪Multiple Size Dry Diamond Core Drill Bit: The diamond drill bit set contains 7 pieces of dry diamond bits different sizes, including 1pc 3/16” (5mm), 1pc 1/4” (6mm), 1pc 5/16” (8mm) , 1pc 3/8” (10mm), 1pc 1/2” (12mm) , 1pc 9/16” (14mm), 1pc 5/8” (16mm) fit your need.
- ☪Widely Compatibility: black diamond drill is designed in round shank, which is compatible with most machines, such as hand drill, angle grinder, bench drill, also can be matched with side flutes help to remove debris and drill holes smooth and fast; Depth mark is also useful for precise project.
4. Floor Scraper
You can use a floor scraper to remove tiles not glued down too tightly. This hand tool has a blade on one end that is angled and offers a razor-thin edge. Place the blade under the tile you want to remove and press down on the handle. The scraper will lift the tile. Floor scrapers are inexpensive and sturdy but should only be used for removing grout and tile and not for other projects around your house.
You have the option to purchase a scraper with a short handle that you would use while on the floor on your hands and knees. Another type of scraper is larger, has a longer handle, and looks like a shovel. After using the tool to remove tiles, you can also scrape any lumps of tile adhesive or grout from the floor. Doing so will create a smooth surface for new flooring.
- REMOVE FLOORING AND RESIDUE: The ABN Floor Razor Scraper Demolition Flooring Removal Razor Blade Scraper easily removes flooring and residue on multiple surfaces for any demolition or clean up job
- VARIOUS APPLICATIONS: Removes old flooring, tile, vinyl, carpet, and adhesives; Reduces the need for strenuous scraping; Saves time and strain
- REACH ANY SURFACE: Adjustable, twist-lock telescopic handle extends from 3 feet to 6 feet for a comfortable position and greater control and strength; No need to crawl around on your knees.
If you’re on a budget but still want to get rid of your tiles, having a hammer may be useful if you don’t have specialized demolition tools. Most individuals already own a hammer at home, although if you don’t, you can purchase a decent quality one for a few dollars at your local hardware store.
Hammers are an excellent tool since they allow you to tackle a wide range of projects around the house and garden, so you’re much more likely to use them in the future rather than being a specialist tool that you only use once.
When removing tiles, it is recommended that you use or purchase a mallet hammer. You can use a claw hammer if you already have one. Although, a mallet hammer would be better because you can easily wedge a chisel beneath your tiles to pry them off the floor with much more accuracy due to its larger surface area.
Using a claw hammer brings extra difficulty as precision must be implored with greater care. A hammer is also useful for smashing your floor tiles because larger ones might not come up in a single piece. Because of the smaller parts, you may be able to pick them up using a hammer.
- 🔨【High Quality Hammer Head】 Forged from the finest high carbon steel and underwent heat treatment for superior durability, strength and toughness. Finely polished finish with rust-preventative clear coating insures sturdiness and longevity.
- 🔨【Ergonomically Designed Handle】 Made of soft and non-slip rubber with TPR material coated, the curved design and textured surface provides exceptional comfort and strong grip, meanwhile the fiberglass construction absorbs vibration and reduces fatigue.
- 🔨【Glue Feed Technology】 Adopts glue feed technology to glue the hammer head with the handle more firmly than the generally glued hammers, ensuring it won’t break off at the head or the handle come off. It will not drop, so it’s safe to use.
Jackhammers are very popular for use at businesses, such as digging up roads or pathways. If you have a huge tile area to remove, a jackhammer can help you get it done quickly. There are a few things to consider before buying or leasing one of these strong instruments.
The main difference between a tile saw and a laser is that the former generates fast-cutting knives, while the latter produces lasers. The first thing you should know about this machine is that only expert specialists should operate it. Using one of these machines for the first time in your home might not be a good idea. If you decide to utilize this tile removal tool, ensure you don’t damage the floor below the tiles. You risk causing costly damage if you make a wrong move.
- Universal compatible fit most demolition hammers and some jack hammers for convenience with a hex 1-1/8″ shank
- Made with high-grade forged and heat treated steel for maximum durability
- Tamp and compact loose granular soils, gravel and sand
- Plate size: 6 x 6 in
- Compatible for XtremepowerUS Demolition Jack hammer (1-1/8 in. hex shank)
The Bottom Line
Now that you know what home depot tile removal tools are available to you, it’s time to get started on your project! Be sure to do your research and ask around before making any decisions. And always remember to stay safe while working with any power tool.
Can you use an oscillating tool to remove the tile?
Many manufacturers recommend oscillating tools if you’re looking for an easy alternative that won’t damage your tile. According to some do-it-yourselfers, an oscillating tool is one of the most effective tile cutting tools available.
What tool is used to remove ceramic tile?
To remove the ceramic tile, use a ball peen or masonry hammer and a cold chisel to tap the pieces free. If that doesn’t work, you may need to utilize heavy equipment such as a jackhammer or air chisel. Always wear safety glasses when removing ceramic tile.
- Best Snow Removal Tractors to Keep your Property Clear
- Best Roof Snow Removal Tools for Your Home
- 5 Best Snow Removal Machines for Winter
- Best Snow Removal Equipments For Your Needs
- How to Dispose of Couch: 5 Best Ways
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.